State of Origin Game 2 Teams - QLD and NSW line ups for Origin II
- Queensland and New South Wales have named their Game 2 teams
- State of Origin 2021 gets under on Sunday, June 27
- Game 2 takes place in Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium
New South Wales Blues and the Queensland Maroons have named their teams (Getty Images)
Queensland and New South Wales have named their squads for the 2021 State of Origin Game 2 at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane on Sunday, June 27.
New South Wales recorded a dominant 50-6 victory in Game 1 in Townsville and can regain the Origin shield with victory in Brisbane.
Here is how the two sides will line up:
Queensland Maroons Game 2 Team News
Under the pump, the Maroons are taking a gamble on 18-year-old New Zealand Warriors full-back Reece Walsh in a number of changes from Game 1.
Walsh has been handed a call-up by coach Paul Green and he will become the youngest Origin debutant since 1995.
North Queensland Cowboys front rower Francis Molo will also make his Origin debut after being named on the Queensland bench.
Andrew McCullough, Josh Papalii, who was suspended for the series opener, and Ben Hunt have all been named to add experience to the Queensland side.
Harry Grant (hamstring) and fullback AJ Brimson (knee) are both unavailable, while Xavier Coates, Joe Ofahengaue and Jaydn Su’A have been left out from the squad that played in the first game.
Queensland Maroons State of Origin Game 2 Team
1. Reece Walsh, 2. Valentine Holmes, 3. Kurt Capewell, 4. Dane Gagai, 5. Kyle Feldt, 6. Cameron Munster, 7. Daly Cherry-Evans, 8. Christian Welch, 9. Andrew McCullough, 10. Josh Papalii, 11. Jai Arrow, 12. Felise Kaufusi, 13. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, 14. Ben Hunt, 15. Moeaki Fotuaika, 16. David Fifita, 17. Francis Molo, 18. Coen Hess, 19. Ronaldo Mulitalo
New South Wales Blues Game 2 Team News
New South Wales are without Jake Trbojevic from the Game 1 winning side after he was ruled out through injury.
But the Blues bring in Sydney Roosters forward Angus Crichton following suspension and he is named on the interchange.
Junior Paulo has moved into the starting line-up in place of the absent Trbojevic.
South Sydney Rabbitohs centre Campbell Graham and Melbourne Storm lock Dale Finucane are the two other call-ups for NSW with both listed among the reserves.
New South Wales Blues Game 2 Team
1. James Tedesco, 2. Brian To'o, 3. Latrell Mitchell, 4. Tom Trbojevic, 5. Josh Addo-Carr, 6. Jarome Luai, 7. Nathan Cleary, 8. Daniel Saifiti, 9. Damien Cook,10. Junior Paulo, 11. Cameron Murray, 12. Tariq Sims, 13. Isaah Yeo, 14. Jack Wighton,15. Angus Crichton, 16. Payne Haas, 17. Liam Martin, 18. Apisai Koroisau, 19. Campbell Graham, 20. Dale Finucane