- Sunday 19
- Monday 20
- Tuesday 21
- Wednesday 22
- Thursday 23
- Friday 24
- Saturday 25
- Sunday 26
- Monday 27
- Tuesday 28
- Wednesday 29
New Zealand vs Australia Predictions & Tips - All Blacks can to continue dominance in the Bledisloe Cup
- New Zealand vs Australia predictions for Saturday’s 1st Bledisloe Cup fixture
- Match is being played at 08:05 BST at Eden Park in Auckland
- Can the All Blacks continue their dominant home record over Australia?
- New Zealand have won their last 21 matches against the Wallabies at Eden Park
- Preview, Tips, stats & team news
New Zealand have won 24 of their last 25 home matches against the Aussies (Getty Images)
New Zealand vs Australia Predictions
Australia struggled to beat a severely under-strength French outfit in their last series. If New Zealand are anywhere near their best they should win this comfortably. I am backing the All Blacks to cover the -20 handicap.
- New Zealand vs Australia Predictions
- Head to Head
- New Zealand Form
- New Zealand Injuries & Team News
- Australia Form
- Australia Injuries & Team News
- New Zealand vs Australia Live Stream FAQ
- New Zealand have covered the -20 handicap in 5 of their last 8 matches against Australia.
- New Zealand have covered the -20 handicap in their last 3 matches.
- New Zealand have won 24 of their last 25 matches against Australia at home (1 draw).
- Australia have lost their last 21 matches at Eden Park against New Zealand.
Head to Head
New Zealand lead 13-3 in their last 17 matches against Australia. There has been one drawn match. They last met in November 2020 where Australia won 24-22 at home.
Eden Park is however a fortress for New Zealand, a place Australia have not won in 21 matches (since 1986). In fact, Australia have not beaten the All Blacks anywhere in New Zealand since 2001.
New Zealand Form
New Zealand recently played three Test matches but none of them were very competitive. They defeated Tonga 102-0 before a two-Test series against Fiji. The Fijians put up a spirited performance in both matches but lost 57-23 and 60-13.
Despite the lack of preparation, the All Blacks will be full of confidence. In 10 matches during the 2021 Super Rugby tournament, no Australian franchise managed to beat a New Zealand franchise.
Last season New Zealand had one of their poorer years and still beat Australia in two of their four matches. There was one draw and one defeat but they held onto the Bledisloe Cup.
New Zealand Injuries & Team News
Ian Foster has picked a very strong side to get the Bledisloe Cup started off.
Richie Mo’unga gets the nod at flyhalf ahead of Beauden Barrett who finds himself on the bench. Aaron Smith starts at scrumhalf while Ardie Savea is at eighth-man.
The side will be captained by Sam Whitelock in the absence of the injured Sam Cane.
Australia will come into this fixture with mixed emotions. They have had better preparation having welcomed France for a three-match series a month ago.
The Wallabies won the series 2-1 with all three matches going down to the wire. In the 1st Test Australia kicked a last minute penalty to win 33-30 before losing the 2nd Test 28-26. In the decider Australia came out on top 23-21.
The concern for Australia will be that it was almost a completely second string French side that played in that series. Their franchises also failed to win a game against a New Zealand franchise in Super Rugby 2021.
Australia Injuries & Team News
Australia have had some disciplinary problems this week. Winger Marika Koroibete, eighth-man Isi Naisarani and prop Pone Fa’amausili have all been suspended for a late night out.
Dave Rennie has all his other players available. There has been talk in the media of Quade Cooper making a surprise return to the match-day 23.
New Zealand vs Australia Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch New Zealand vs Australia live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch New Zealand vs Australia live stream.