- Tuesday 21
- Wednesday 22
- Thursday 23
- Friday 24
- Saturday 25
- Sunday 26
- Monday 27
- Tuesday 28
- Wednesday 29
- Thursday 30
- Friday 1
Griquas vs Lions Predictions & Tips - In-form Griquas backed in handicap market
- Griquas vs Lions predictions for Friday’s Currie Cup fixture
- Match is being played at 13:30 BST at Tafel Lager Park
- Will Griquas continue their push for the Currie Cup playoffs?
- Griquas have won their last three matches
- Tips, preview, stats & team news
Griquas have won their last three Currie Cup matches (Getty images)
Griquas vs Lions Predictions
Griquas come into this match in fine form with three straight wins. At home they should be too strong for a Lions side lacking confidence after three defeats. My best bet is for Griquas to win by more than five points.
- Griquas vs Lions Predictions
- Head to Head
- Griquas Form
- Griquas Injuries & Team News
- Lions Form
- Lions Injuries & Team News
- Griquas vs Lions Live Stream FAQ
- Griquas have won their last 3 matches.
- Griquas won their last match 41-31 against the Lions.
- Griquas have covered the -5 handicap in their last 2 matches.
- Lions have lost their last 3 matches.
- Lions have lost 2 of their last 3 matches by more than 5 points.
- Lions are 6th on the Currie Cup table.
Head to Head
The Lions have won seven of their last eight matches against Griquas. Griquas’ one victory in that time however came earlier this season when they beat the Lions 41-31 away from home.
Griquas are flying high in the Currie Cup with four wins and a draw from their opening seven matches. They are currently placed third and looking strong to qualify for the playoffs.
After losing two of their opening three matches, Griquas have gone on a very good run. They came from behind to beat Western Province 30-28 in Cape Town before comfortably beating the Lions 41-31 away.
Last week the Kimberley-based outfit put in a superb defensive performance to beat the Sharks 37-27. They received five yellow cards during the match, once playing with 13 men and towards the end with 12.
Griquas Injuries & Team News
Griquas have stuck with the tried at tested players. The form of flyhalf George Whitehead has been superb in recent weeks while Stefan Ungerer has supported him well at scrumhalf.
The Lions find themselves second from bottom on the Currie Cup table and have played a game more than the Cheetahs. With just one win from their opening seven matches, the Lions will have to start getting results if they still want to make the playoffs.
The Johannesburg-based outfit have lost their last three matches. First they went down 41-31 at home to the Griquas before being humbled 40-21 at the Bulls.
In the first half against the Pumas last week the Lions looked like they had turned a corner. They went into the break with a comfortable lead but a second half collapse saw them lose 36-33.
Lions Injuries & Team News
Lions head coach Ivan van Rooyen has made a few changes to his side this week.
Burger Odendaal will play his 50th match at inside centre while prop Sti Sithole and hooker Jaco Visagie start after appearing off the bench last week.
At flank Ruhan Straueli will make his first Currie Cup start.
Griquas vs Lions Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch Griquas vs Lions live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch Griquas vs Lions live stream.