- Friday 15
- Saturday 16
- Sunday 17
- Monday 18
- Tuesday 19
- Wednesday 20
- Thursday 21
- Friday 22
- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
Pumas vs Bulls Predictions & Tips - Pumas can scare already qualified Bulls
- Pumas vs Bulls predictions for Sunday’s Currie Cup match
- Match is being played at 14:00 GMT at the Mbombela Stadium
- Bulls have already secured their place at the top of the Currie Cup table
- I am backing the Pumas with the +13 point handicap
- Match preview, predictions and latest team news
Pumas have run opposition close in their last two matches (Getty Images)
Pumas vs Bulls Predictions
The Bulls have secured the top spot and could rest a whole host of players for this fixture. The Pumas won’t want to limp out of the Currie Cup with a big defeat, so I’m backing them to finish within 13 points at home.
- Bulls have won 9 of their last 11 matches in all competitions.
- Bulls have failed to cover the 13 point handicap in 3 of their last 4 matches.
- Pumas have lost by less than 13 points in their last 2 matches.
Head to Head
The Bulls lead 4-3 in their last seven matches against the Pumas. The Bulls won their last match 21-5 against the Pumas during the 2020 Super Rugby Unlocked tournament.
The Pumas are second bottom on the Currie Cup table with one victory from their five matches. That win came against the bottom side, Griquas.
There is nothing left for the Pumas to play for this season but they will want to put in a decent performance. Since their 22-15 win over the Griquas in week two, the Pumas have lost 28-14 at Western Province, 35-31 at home to the Cheetahs and 33-25 at home against the Lions.
They were all tightly fought encounters but it is the final 20 minutes of matches that the Pumas fade. They don’t have the bench to combat that of the bigger unions so it is quite understandable.
Pumas Injuries & Team News
The Pumas have no injuries after last week’s clash against the Lions. They are most likely to stick with a very similar team as they look to end their season with a big performance.
The Bulls have only lost two matches all season across Super Rugby Unlocked and the Currie Cup. They are top of the Currie Cup table and can no longer be displaced. The Bulls already know they will face the fourth placed Lions in the semi-finals in two weeks.
The Bulls smashed the Cheetahs 40-13 before losing their only Currie Cup match of the season to the Sharks 32-29. After that the Bulls missed three weeks of action of a COVID-19 outbreak within the squad.
On Wednesday the Bulls beat the Lions 22-15 in a rearranged fixture. That secured them the top spot with a game to spare.
Bulls Injuries & Team News
Jake White has not announced his squad but could use this as an opportunity to rest key individuals ahead of the semi-finals in two weeks.
What the coaching staff will have to ensure though is that players get enough action. Players that are rested now could go into the semi’s with only one match in the preceding five weeks.
Pumas vs Bulls FAQ
What is the Pumas vs Bulls best bet?
The best bet is for the Pumas to lose by less than 13 points.
Where can I watch the Pumas vs Bulls live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Pumas vs Bulls live stream.
The Pumas have had a disappointing season but they seldom get beaten by big margins. With the Bulls reportedly resting players, this could be their chance to get close to an upset.
Best Bet: Pumas +13 Handicap @-111.11 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Value Bet: Pumas Win Full Time Result @400.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 1 Unit
Top Betting Sites
15 January 2021
16 January 2021
17 January 2021
- Get 33/1 Liverpool or 33/1 Man United to win
- Risk-Free bet on Liverpool vs Man United: Get £10 risk free at Boylesports
- Get 5/1 Liverpool OR 12/1 Man United to win on Sunday + £5 free bet
- Liverpool vs Man United Risk Free Bet - Get a free £5 Bet Builder bet at Paddy Power
- Get 40/1 a penalty to be awarded during Liverpool vs Man United
- Get 80/1 Bruno Fernandes & Mo Salah to each have Over 2 shots on target
- Liverpool vs Man United: £10 Risk-Free Bet at Novibet