- Friday 22
- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
- Thursday 28
- Friday 29
- Saturday 30
- Sunday 31
- Monday 1
Western Province vs Griquas Predictions & Tips - Western Province to win convincingly
- Western Province vs Griquas predictions for Saturday’s Currie Cup rugby match
- The match will be played at Newlands in Cape Town at 14:30 GMT
- I am tipping Western Province to win by more than 15 points
- Read on for more free predictions & betting tips
Western Province have beaten Griquas in 15 of their last 18 matches (Getty images)
Western Province vs Griquas Predictions
Western Province have not enjoyed the best few weeks but they come up against a Griquas side having a worse time of it. The Kimberley-based outfit have not won since the start of Super Rugby Unlocked.
We are backing Western Province to win comfortably at Newlands.
- Western Province have won their last 7 home matches against Griquas.
- Western Province have covered the -15 handicap in 3 of the last 4 matches against Griquas.
- Griquas have lost their last 2 Currie Cup matches.
- Griquas are bottom of the Currie Cup table.
Head to Head
Western Province lead Griquas 15-2 with 1 draw in their last 18 encounters. Their last match saw Western Province win 39-6 in the Super Rugby Unlocked.
Western Province Form
Western Province have won one and lost two of their opening three Currie Cup matches. They are however still well placed to make the playoffs.
Province lost 22-20 to the Bulls at Newlands in their opening fixture and followed it up with another 22-19 loss to the Lions in Johannesburg.
Their last fixture was a home match against the Pumas where they were heavily fancied and won 28-14.
Western Province were far from their best with the Pumas in it until the very end. A last gasp try by Western Province got them the bonus point they required.
Western Province Injuries & Team News
Western Province welcome back Sergeal Petersen, Juarno Augustus and Frans Malherbe to the squad after injury.
Centre Dan du Plessis and scrumhalf Herschel Jantjies are expected to make their return to the starting line-up after being on the bench last week.
Key players in Seabelo Senatla and Scarra Ntubeni are still out injured.
Griquas have lost both of their opening Currie Cup fixtures in 2020.
They lost their first match 20-17 to the Lions at home. Griquas were unfortunate as the match was suspended after 47 minutes, two minutes after the Lions took the lead.
The Griquas then lost 22-17 at the Pumas in their last match. This would have been a game they would have expected to win but they again failed to produce a decent performance.
It was a lacklustre performance by Griquas who on paper are the better side. The score could easily have been far bigger but a late consolation try saved the Pumas' blushes.
Griquas Injuries & Team News
Griquas had a bye last week after their match against the Bulls was cancelled. They are expected to field a full-strength team.
Western Province vs Griquas FAQ
What is the Western Province vs Griquas best bet?
The best bet for this match is for Western Province to cover the -15 handicap.
Where can I watch the Western Province vs Griquas live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Western Province vs Griquas live stream.
Top Betting Sites
23 January 2021
24 January 2021
- Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier Boosts - Get 50/1, 6/1 enhanced odds and Free Bets
- Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier Risk Free Bet - Money back if your bet loses
- Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier: Get 50/1 for McGregor to win in Round 1
- Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier: Get 6/1 for McGregor to win at Parimatch