- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
Chiefs vs Rebels Predictions & Tips - Desperate Chiefs to get bonus point win
- Chiefs vs Rebels predictions for Sunday’s Super Rugby trans-Tasman match
- Fixture is being played at 06:00 BST at the Leichhardt Oval in Sydney
- Chiefs have won 5 of their last 6 against the Rebels
- I am tipping Chiefs win by more than 18 points
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
Chiefs can win comfortably in Sydney (Getty Images)
Chiefs vs Rebels Predictions
The Chiefs should have too much quality, particularly in attack for the Rebels. They have dominated this fixture in the past and that is expected to continue. The best bet is for the Chiefs to cover the -18 handicap.
- Chiefs have won 5 of their last 6 matches against the Rebels.
- Chiefs have won 2 of their last 3 matches.
- Rebels have lost by 18+ points in 2 of their last 3 matches.
- Rebels have lost have lost 6 of their last 7 matches.
- Rebels have a -84 points difference in their last 3 matches.
Head to Head
Chiefs have won five of their last six encounters against the Rebels. Their last meeting ended in a 27-14 away win for the Chiefs in 2017.
The Chiefs are fifth on the Super Rugby trans-Tasman table with two wins from their three matches. They are the only New Zealand side to lose a game in the opening three rounds.
In round one the Chiefs narrowly saw off the Western Force 20-19 before winning 40-19 at home to the Brumbies the following week. Last week the Chiefs suffered a 40-34 defeat against the Reds.
The Chiefs started slowly and with two thirds of the match gone, they were down by more than 20 points. A flurry of tries came but it was too late to get the much needed win.
Chiefs Injuries & Team News
The Chiefs have agreed for this match to take place in Sydney so it isn’t the home game they were hoping for. That is because the Rebels can’t travel to New Zealand while Melbourne is in lockdown.
There has been no team news from the Chiefs as yet but they have no serious injury concerns.
The Rebels are bottom of the Super Rugby trans-Tasman table with no points from their three matches. They have a -84 points difference in those games.
Most of that came in one match though as the Rebels lost 50-3 on the opening weekend to the Blues at home. That humiliation was followed by a 35-13 defeat at the Hurricanes.
Last week the Rebels put up a good fight in Dunedin against the Highlanders. It still wasn’t enough as they lost 42-27.
Rebels Injuries & Team News
The Rebels have made just one change with Kevin Foote opting to recall flank Richard Hardwick.
Chiefs vs Rebels Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the Chiefs vs Rebels live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Chiefs vs Rebels live stream.