- Tuesday 3
- Wednesday 4
- Thursday 5
- Friday 6
- Saturday 7
- Sunday 8
- Monday 9
- Tuesday 10
- Wednesday 11
- Thursday 12
- Friday 13
Denis Shapovalov vs Andy Murray Predictions, Tips & Live Stream – Can Murray keep miracle run going?
- Denis Shapovalov vs Andy Murray predictions & tips
- The third-round match is being played at Wimbledon on Friday 2 July
- Denis Shapovalov and Andy Murray have both seen over 39.5 games in 4 of their last 6 Grand Slam matches
- I am backing Shapovalov vs Murray to go over 39.5 games
- Preview, predictions, stats and live stream information
Denis Shapovalov has never won back-to-back matches at Wimbledon (Getty Images)
Denis Shapovalov vs Andy Murray Predictions
Two-time Wimbledon champion Andy Murray has pulled off two epic victories in his first appearance at the tournament for four years, but in tenth seed Denis Shapovalov he has his toughest opponent yet.
Shapovalov is much younger, fitter and match tougher, but he also lacks experience on this surface and at this tournament and has a history of playing lengthy Grand Slam matches.
- Denis Shapovalov has lost 3 of 5 matches he has played at Wimbledon
- Denis Shapovalov has seen over 3.5 sets in 4 of his last 6 Grand Slam matches
- Denis Shapovalov has seen over 39.5 games in 4 of his last 6 Grand Slam matches
- Denis Shapovalov has lost in the third round or earlier at 12 of the 14 Grand Slams he has played
- Andy Murray has seen over 39.5 games in 4 of his last 6 Grand Slam matches
- Andy Murray has seen over 3.5 sets in 4 of his last 6 Grand Slam matches
- Andy Murray has a 10-3 Wimbledon record against players with single-handed backhands
- Andy Murray has never lost at Wimbledon to a left-hander not named Rafael Nadal
This will be the first meeting between Denis Shapovalov and Andy Murray.
Denis Shapovalov Stats
Age: 22 (15 April 1999)
Height: 6’1” (185cm)
World Ranking: 12
Career High: 10 (September 2020)
Career Singles Titles: 1
2021 Singles Titles: 0
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 0
Wimbledon Best Result: R2 (2018)
Denis Shapovalov Form
A quarterfinalist at the US Open in 2020, Denis Shapovalov has struggled at Wimbledon, coming in this year with a 1-3 record.
Shapovalov, who skipped the French Open due to injury, warmed up for Wimbledon with a run to the semifinals of Queen’s Club. He defeated Frances Tiafoe and Feliciano Lopez on his way to his third ATP Tour semifinal of 2021.
A left-hander with a one-handed backhand, Shapovalov is a very talented player but like many with all the shots, he often struggles for a clear strategy. He was pushed to five sets by veteran Philipp Kohlschreiber in the first round, and received a walkover from Pablo Andujar in the second which may have affected his rhythm.
Andy Murray Stats
Nationality: Great Britain
Age: 34 (15 May 1987)
Height: 6’3” (191cm)
World Ranking: 119
Career High: 1 (November 2016)
Career Singles Titles: 46
2021 Singles Titles: 0
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 3
Wimbledon Best Result: Champion (2013, 2016)
Andy Murray Form
Given that Andy Murray had only played two matches since February coming into Wimbledon, and had only played a small handful of best-of-five set matches since undergoing two hip surgeries, it is remarkable that he has made it to the third round.
Murray is unmistakably very rusty after playing so few matches. Against 24th seed Nikoloz Basilashvili in the first round, Murray was cruising to the finish line and led 5-0 in the third set before losing seven games in a row.
Murray benefited from a break to close the Centre Court roof and closed out a 6-4, 6-3, 5-7, 6-3 win over Basilashvili. Against qualifier Oscar Otte, he trailed two sets to one before again turning the match around after a break to close the roof.
With the crowd on his side and all his experience of playing on this surface, Murray is formidable.
Denis Shapovalov and Andy Murray meet in the third round of Wimbledon on Friday 2 July.
Watch tennis live at bet365 > tennis > Wimbledon, with live streaming available to members online and on mobile.
To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. Any fixture/event on the website which has the Play or Video icon next to it is scheduled to be shown via Live Streaming. 18+ terms and conditions apply.
It may be a bridge too far for Murray to beat Shapovalov, but everything in both men’s recent histories tells us to expect a lengthy battle.
Best Bet: Over 3.5 sets Total Sets @-163.93 at Unibet - 4 Units
Value Bet: Over 39.5 games Total Games @110.00 at Unibet - 1 Unit