- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
Alexander Zverev vs Alejandro Davidovich Fokina Predictions, Tips & Live Stream – Zverev to end Spaniard’s run
- Alexander Zverev vs Alejandro Davidovich Fokina predictions & tips
- The French Open quarterfinal match is being played at Roland Garros on Tuesday 8 June
- Alexander Zverev has seen under 36.5 games in 4 of his last 5 Grand Slam matches against unseeded players
- I am backing Zverev vs Davidovich Fokina to last under 36.5 games
- Preview, predictions, stats and live stream information
Alexander Zverev has won 11 of his last 12 clay-court matches (Getty Images)
Alexander Zverev vs Alejandro Davidovich Fokina Predictions
Alexander Zverev has now won his last three French Open matches in straight sets and 11 of his last 12 clay-court matches. He is likely to find things straightforward against Alejandro Davidovich Fokina who has played three long matches at Roland Garros.
- Alexander Zverev has won 11 of his last 12 clay-court matches
- Alexander Zverev has seen under 36.5 matches in 4 of his last 5 French Open matches against unseeded players
- Alexander Zverev has seen under 36.5 matches in 4 of his last 5 Grand Slam matches against unseeded players
- Alexander Zverev has won by 7.5 games or more in 3 of his last 4 Grand Slam matches
- Alejandro Davidovich Fokina is 1-7 against top-10 players
- Alejandro Davidovich Fokina is 2-5 against seeded players at Grand Slams
- Alejandro Davidovich Fokina has seen under 36.5 games in 4 of his 5 main-draw Grand Slam matches against seeded players
- Alejandro Davidovich Fokina has lost by 7.5 games or more in 3 of his 5 main-draw Grand Slam matches against seeded players
Alexander Zverev is 2-0 against Alejandro Davidovich Fokina.
Zverev beat Davidovich Fokina 7-5, 7-6(3) on indoor hard courts in Cologne in 2020, and 6-2, 6-2, 6-1 at the US Open the same year.
Alexander Zverev Stats
Age: 24 (20 April 1997)
Height: 6’6” (188cm)
World Ranking: 6
Career High: 3 (November 2017)
Career Singles Titles: 15
2021 Singles Titles: 2
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 0
French Open Best Result: Quarterfinal (2018-19)
Alexander Zverev Form
Alexander Zverev has now won 11 straight sets since losing his first two of the French Open 2021 to Oscar Otte.
Zverev was pushed to two tie-breaks by Roman Safiullin and narrowly escaped dropping a set to Laslo Djere, but his fourth-round encounter with Kei Nishikori was surprisingly one-sided.
It took Zverev less than two hours to beat Nishikori 6-4, 6-1, 6-1. It was an efficient performance from the German, who won 68% of points on both first and second serve, converted eight of 11 break points and won 12 of 18 points at net.
Zverev is now into the last eight at the French Open for the third time.
Alejandro Davidovich Fokina Stats
Age: 21 (5 June 1999)
Height: 6'0" (183 cm)
World Ranking: 46
Career High: 45 (March 2021)
Career Singles Titles: 0
2021 Singles Titles: 0
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 0
French Open Best Result: Second Round (2020)
Alejandro Davidovich Fokina Form
Alejandro Davidovich Fokina is 22-12 in 2021 so far and 16 of those 22 wins have come on clay. He reached the quarterfinals of the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters and the semifinals of the Estoril Open and has won 8 of his last 9 clay-court matches.
Davidovich Fokina, who reached the fourth round of the US Open in 2020 before losing to Zverev in straight sets, is partly trained by a marathon runner. It has shown so far in his French Open matches. Davidovich Fokina won his opening match in straight sets, but was pushed to five sets and played for nearly four hours to beat qualifier Botic van de Zandschulp.
Against fifteenth seed Casper Ruud Davidovich Fokina played for four hours, 35 minutes, and he was struggling with arm pain in the closing stages of his nearly three-hour, four-set encounter with Federico Delbonis.
As well as Fokina is playing, he is unlikely to have the physical wherewithal to challenge Zverev.
Alexander Zverev and Alejandro Davidovich Fokina meet in the French Open quarterfinals on Tuesday 8 June.
Watch tennis live at bet365 > tennis > French Open, with live streaming available to members online and on mobile.
To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. Any fixture/event on the website which has the Play or Video icon next to it is scheduled to be shown via Live Streaming. 18+ terms and conditions apply.
Zverev is heavily favoured to win the match, and it is not likely that Davidovich Fokina will have the legs to make it a long affair. Their only previous Grand Slam match was one-sided and this looks likely to be similar.
Best Bet: Under 36.5 games Total Games @-172.41 at Unibet - 3 Units
Value Bet: Zverev -7.5 games Games Handicap @107.00 at Unibet - 2 Units