- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
- Friday 2
- Saturday 3
Alexander Zverev vs Roman Safiullin Predictions, Tips & Live Stream - Zverev faces another qualifier at Roland Garros
- Alexander Zverev vs Roman Safiullin predictions & tips
- The French Open second-round match is being played at Roland Garros on Wednesday 2 June
- Alexander Zverev has won eight of his last nine clay-court matches
- I am backing Zverev vs Safiullin to last more than 28.5 total games
- Preview, predictions, stats and live stream information
Alexander Zverev has won eight of his last nine clay-court matches (Getty Images)
Alexander Zverev vs Roman Safiullin Predictions
Alexander Zverev lost the first two sets to qualifier Oscar Otte in the first round and has a penchant for playing long matches against lower-ranked players at Grand Slams. He faces another qualifier in Roman Safiullin, who has never played a top-10 player before.
- Alexander Zverev has won eight of his last nine matches on clay
- Fifteen of Alexander Zverev’s 21 matches at the French Open have gone past straight sets
- Three of Alexander Zverev’s last five best-of-five set matches vs players ranked 100+ have gone past straight sets
- Five of Alexander Zverev’s last seven French Open matches vs unseeded players have been won by eight or fewer games
- Roman Safiullin has lost his last four matches vs players ranked in the top 100
- Roman Safiullin has a 60-41 record on clay courts
- Roman Safiullin has never played a top-10 player
- Two of Roman Safiullin’s three Grand Slam main-draw matches have gone past straight sets
This will be the first meeting between Alexander Zverev and Roman Safiullin.
Alexander Zverev Stats
Age: 24 (20 April 1997)
Height: 6’6” (188cm)
World Ranking: 6
Career High: 3 (November 2017)
Career Singles Titles: 15
2021 Singles Titles: 2
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 0
French Open Best Result: Quarterfinal (2018-19)
Alexander Zverev Form
It’s been a very up-and-down season for Alexander Zverev, who started out poorly at the ATP Cup before reaching the quarterfinals of the Australian Open. He won the Acapulco 500 but crashed out early in Rotterdam and Miami.
Clay has always been a good surface for the German, however, and it’s on clay that he’s really found his feet in 2021. After early exits in Monte Carlo and Munich, he won his fourth Masters 1000 Series title in Madrid, beating Rafael Nadal and Dominic Thiem on the way. He then reached the quarterfinals in Rome.
Zverev has a bad habit of playing long matches in early rounds, and he trailed 3-6, 3-6 to qualifier Oscar Otte in the first round before pulling himself together and dropping just four games in the final three sets.
Roman Safiullin Stats
Age: 23 (7 August 1997)
Height: 6’1” (185cm)
World Ranking: 182
Career High: 164 (February 2021)
Career Singles Titles: 0
2021 Singles Titles: 0
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 0
French Open Best Result: Q2 (2020)
Roman Safiullin Form
Russia’s Roman Safiullin qualified for his first Grand Slam at the Australian Open and reached the second round before losing to Cameron Norrie.
He was on a five-match losing streak (with four of those defeats coming on clay) before entering French Open qualifying, where he dropped two sets in three matches. In the first round, Safiullin beat fellow qualifier Carlos Taverner in four sets.
This will be Safiullin’s seventh match against a player ranked inside the top 100. He has a 1-5 record and has lost the last four, although he did take sets from Stan Wawrinka at the Prague Challenger in 2020 and Norrie at the Australian Open.
Alexander Zverev and Roman Safiullin meet in the French Open first round on Wednesday 2 June.
Watch tennis live at bet365 > tennis > French Open, with live streaming available to members online and on mobile.
To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. Any fixture/event on the website which has the Play or Video icon next to it is scheduled to be shown via Live Streaming. 18+ terms and conditions apply.
Zverev was not impressive in the first round and has a history of allowing these types of matches to last longer than they should. The sixth seed should win but the match but it's set to go beyond 28.5 games.
Best Bet: Over 28.5 Games Total Games @-125.00 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Value Bet: Safiullin +8.5 Games Handicap @100.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units