- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
Garbine Muguruza vs Marta Kostyuk Predictions, Tips & Live Stream - Muguruza to be tested by talented teenager
- Garbine Muguruza vs Marta Kostyuk predictions & tips
- The French Open first round match is being played at Roland Garros
- Garbine Muguruza has never lost in the first round of the French Open
- I am backing Marta Kostyuk to push the 12th seed past 18.5 games
- Preview, predictions, stats and live stream information
Garbine Muguruza is 3-2 on clay in 2021 (Getty Images)
Garbine Muguruza vs Marta Kostyuk Predictions
Champion at the French Open in 2016, Garbine Muguruza has never lost in the first round in Paris and is an impressive 23-7 in 2021. But she has yet to get going on clay this season and faces Marta Kostyuk, a talented youngster with nothing to lose.
- Garbine Muguruza is 29-7 at the French Open and has never lost in the first round
- Garbine Muguruza has won her last 12 matches vs players ranked outside the top 20
- Three of Garbine Muguruza’s last five Grand Slam first-round matches went the distance
- Garbine Muguruza is 3-2 on clay in 2021
- Marta Kostyuk is 0-4 vs top-20 players
- Marta Kostyuk sent to 3 sets in her last 2 matches vs top-20 players
- Marta Kostyuk is 7-3 on clay in 2021
- Three of Marta Kostyuk’s last five matches vs top-50 players went past 18 games
This will be the first match between Garbine Muguruza and Marta Kostyuk.
Garbine Muguruza Stats
Age: 27 (8 October 1993)
Height: 6'0" (182 cm)
World Ranking: 13
Career High: 1 (September 2017)
Career Singles Titles: 8
2021 Singles Titles: 1
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 2
French Open Best Result: Champion (2016)
Garbine Muguruza Form
Garbine Muguruza made the fourth round or better at the French Open for six consecutive years from 2014-2019, winning the title in 2016.
Her streak was snapped when she lost in the third round to Danielle Collins in 2020. However, Muguruza has still never lost in the first round at the French Open.
After reuniting with former coach Conchita Martinez in 2020, Muguruza went 23-7 that season and made the final of the Australian Open. In 2021, she has reached two WTA Tour finals and won a 1000-level title in Dubai.
But her recent form has not been strong. A knee injury saw her retire vs Yulia Putintseva in Charleston and she lost to Elina Svitolina in straight sets in Rome.
Marta Kostyuk Stats
Age: 18 (28 June 2002)
Height: 5’9” (175cm)
World Ranking: 81
Career High: 77 (April 2021)
Career Singles Titles: 0
2021 Singles Titles: 0
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 0
French Open Best Result: R1 (2020)
Marta Kostyuk Form
Ukraine’s Marta Kostyuk made her breakthrough at the 2018 Australian Open when she became the youngest player since Martina Hingis to reach the third round of a Grand Slam.
But the young teenager struggled to cope with the pressure and battled injury as well over the next few years.
Now back on track, Kostyuk broke into the top 100 at the end of 2020 after reaching the third round of the US Open, where she pushed Naomi Osaka to three sets.
The Ukrainian has made WTA Tour semifinals in Abu Dhabi and Istanbul (clay) in 2021.
Garbine Muguruza and Marta Kostyuk meet in the French Open first round (day and time TBC).
Watch tennis live at bet365 > tennis > French Open, with live streaming available to members online and on mobile.
To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. Any fixture/event on the website which has the Play or Video icon next to it is scheduled to be shown via Live Streaming. 18+ terms and conditions apply.
Muguruza is a consistent French Open performer and is expected to win. With her questionable form she should be pushed past 18 games and possibly even into a third set by Kostyuk.
Best Bet: Over 18.5 Games Total Games @-172.41 at Unibet - 3 Units
Value Bet: 3 Sets Total Sets @200.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 1 Unit