- Tuesday 21
- Wednesday 22
- Thursday 23
- Friday 24
- Saturday 25
- Sunday 26
- Monday 27
- Tuesday 28
- Wednesday 29
- Thursday 30
- Friday 1
Jannik Sinner vs Mikael Ymer Predictions, Tips & Live Stream - Sinner searches for first win vs Swede
- Jannik Sinner vs Mikael Ymer predictions & tips
- The French Open third-round match is being played at Roland Garros on Saturday 5 June
- Jannik Sinner has seen 29.5 games in 9 of his last 12 Grand Slam matches
- I am backing Sinner vs Ymer to last over 29.5 games
- Preview, predictions, stats and live stream information
Jannik Sinner lost his only previous match against Mikael Ymer (Getty Images)
Jannik Sinner vs Mikael Ymer Predictions
Mikael Ymer got his first career win over a top-20 player at a Grand Slam when he beat Gael Monfils in the second round. He is unlikely to fare so well against Jannik Sinner, who reached the quarterfinals of the French Open in 2020 and is one of the game’s big young stars.
- Jannik Sinner has seen over 29.5 games in 9 of his last 12 Grand Slam matches
- Jannik Sinner has seen over 29.5 games in 5 of his last 9 French Open matches
- Jannik Sinner has seen over 3.5 sets in 4 of his last 5 Grand Slam matches
- Jannik Sinner has a 6-1 record at the French Open
- Mikael Ymer has seen over 29.5 games in 6 of his 11 Grand Slam main-draw matches
- Mikael Ymer is 1-4 vs top-20 players at Grand Slams
- Mikael Ymer has seen over 3.5 sets in 4 of his last 5 Grand Slam matches
- Mikael Ymer has never reached the fourth round of a Grand Slam
Mikael Ymer has a 1-0 record vs Jannik Sinner.
Ymer beat Sinner 6-3, 6-4 on indoor hard courts in Montpellier in February 2020.
It’s worth noting that while their rankings were very similar at the time, Sinner has subsequently broken into the top 20 while Ymer has dropped out of the top 100.
Jannik Sinner Stats
Age: 19 (16 August 2001)
Height: 6’2” (188cm)
World Ranking: 19
Career High: 17 (May 2021)
Career Singles Titles: 2
2021 Singles Titles: 1
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 0
French Open Best Result: Quarterfinal (2020)
Jannik Sinner Form
Jannik Sinner broke into the top 100 in 2019 after winning three Challengers that season. He consolidated that breakthrough in 2020 by winning his first ATP Tour title and making the quarterfinals of the French Open, beating Alexander Zverev in the last 16.
So far in 2021, Sinner has done an excellent job of surpassing those achievements. He was unlucky to be ousted from the Australian Open in the first round, but won his second ATP Tour title in January. In March he made his first Masters 1000 Series final in Miami.
It’s not been a great clay-court season for Sinner, although he did reach the semifinals of the Barcelona Open. But the Italian did very well to weather the challenge of an inspired Pierre-Hugues Herbert in five sets in the first round before beating compatriot Gianluca Mager in four.
Mikael Ymer Stats
Age: 22 (2 September 1998)
Height: 6’0” (183cm)
World Ranking: 105
Career High: 67 (March 2020)
Career Singles Titles: 0
2021 Singles Titles: 0
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 0
French Open Best Result: R2 (2019)
Mikael Ymer Form
Mikael Ymer made the third round of the Australian Open in January and has now matched that feat at the French Open for the first time.
A first-round victory over Roberto Carballes Baena in five sets was followed by his first win over a top-20 player at a Grand Slam.
Ymer did have a physical advantage over Gael Monfils, who was struggling with some injury, but he also had to keep a cool head in very difficult conditions and managed the match superbly for a 6-0, 2-6, 6-4, 6-3 victory.
Jannik Sinner and Mikael Ymer meet in the French Open third round on Saturday 5 June.
Watch tennis live at bet365 > tennis > French Open, with live streaming available to members online and on mobile.
To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. Any fixture/event on the website which has the Play or Video icon next to it is scheduled to be shown via Live Streaming. 18+ terms and conditions apply.
Jannik Sinner is strongly favoured to win the match, but Ymer is playing well enough to make it a difficult affair for the Italian.
Best Bet: Over 29.5 Total Games @-192.31 at Unibet - 4 Units
Value Bet: Over 3.5 Sets Total Sets @100.00 at Unibet - 1 Unit