- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
Jannik Sinner vs Pierre-Hugues Herbert Predictions, Tips & Live Stream - Sinner faces French favourite
- Jannik Sinner vs Pierre-Hugues Herbert predictions & tips
- The French Open first-round match is being played at Roland Garros on Monday 31 May
- Pierre-Hugues Herbert has gone the distance in three of his last four best-of-five set matches vs top-20 opponents
- I am backing Sinner vs Herbert to go past 3.5 sets
- Preview, predictions, stats and live stream information
Jannik Sinner reached the French Open quarterfinals in 2020 (Getty Images)
Jannik Sinner vs Pierre-Hugues Herbert Predictions
Jannik Sinner reached the French Open quarterfinals last year and has continued to be one of the ATP’s most impressive young players. Big-serving Pierre-Hugues Herbert often pushes top players to long matches but rarely gets the win.
- Jannik Sinner has lost his last two matches vs opponents ranked outside the top 50
- Jannik Sinner has a 21-10 record in 2021 and 7-5 on clay
- Jannik Sinner has won four of his last five best-of-five set matches in straight sets
- Two of Jannik Sinner’s last three matches have gone the distance
- Pierre-Hugues Herbert is 10-37 vs top-20 opponents
- Pierre-Hugues Herbert has lost 13 of his last 14 matches vs top-20 opponents
- Six of Pierre-Hugues Herbert’s last nine best-of-five set matches have gone past 3.5 sets
- Three of Pierre-Hugues Herbert’s last five best-of-five set matches have gone past 43 games
Jannik Sinner leads the head-to-head 1-0 vs Pierre-Hugues Herbert.
Sinner won 6-3, 6-1 on the indoor hard courts of Cologne last year.
Jannik Sinner Stats
Age: 19 (16 August 2001)
Height: 6’2” (188 cm)
World Ranking: 19
Career High: 17 (March 2021)
Career Singles Titles: 2
2021 Singles Titles: 1
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 0
French Open Best Result: Quarterfinal (2020)
Jannik Sinner Form
Powerful teenager Jannik Sinner has become the ATP’s fastest-rising young star. Twelve months ago he beat David Goffin and Alexander Zverev on his way to a first French Open quarterfinal. Since then he’s gone on to win two ATP Tour titles and make the final of a Masters 1000 Series event in Miami.
Now a top-20 player, Sinner’s best result on clay so far in 2021 came at the Barcelona Open where he beat Andrey Rublev to reach the semifinals. Since then, however, he has failed to win back-to-back matches, losing to Alexei Popyrin in Madrid, Rafael Nadal in Rome and Arthur Rinderknech in Lyon.
Sinner still lacks experience at this level and doesn’t come in with massively strong form, so could be tested in this opening round encounter.
Pierre-Hugues Herbert Stats
Age: 30 (18 March 1991)
Height: 6’2” (188cm)
World Ranking: 83
Career High: 36 (February 2019)
Career Singles Titles: 0
2021 Singles Titles: 0
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 0
French Open Best Result: R3 (2018)
Pierre-Hugues Herbert Form
Despite his big serve, Pierre-Hugues Herbert’s singles achievements have never matched his doubles achievements with partner Nicolas Mahut.
He has never been past the third round of a Grand Slam and has a 10-37 record vs top-20 players. More worryingly, he has lost 13 of his last 14 matches vs top-20 players, with the exception being a win over Stefanos Tsitsipas on indoor hard courts in Marseille in February.
Herbert could not beat Sinner in their only previous meeting, which was on indoor hard courts – conditions more flattering to the French player’s big serve than clay. Herbert has a tendency to play a lot of long matches especially at Grand Slams where his serve generally sees him coast to at least one set.
Jannik Sinner and Pierre-Hugues Herbert meet in the French Open first round on Monday 31 May at 10.00 BST.
Watch tennis live at bet365 > tennis > French Open, with live streaming available to members online and on mobile.
To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. Any fixture/event on the website which has the Play or Video icon next to it is scheduled to be shown via Live Streaming. 18+ terms and conditions apply.
Sinner is rightly favoured to win the match, but it is very reasonable to expect Herbert to grab at least one set – and possibly even push the match the distance.
Best Bet: Over 3.5 Sets Total Sets @-106.38 at Unibet - 4 Units
Value Bet: Over 37.5 Games Total Games @145.00 at Unibet - 1 Unit