- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
- Friday 2
- Saturday 3
Novak Djokovic vs Tennys Sandgren Predictions, Tips & Live Stream - Djokovic to cover the handicap at the French Open
- Novak Djokovic vs Tennys Sandgren predictions & tips
- The French Open first round match is being played at Roland Garros
- Novak Djokovic is 3-0 against Tennys Sandgren
- I am backing Djokovic to cover the -10.5 game handicap
- Preview, predictions, stats and live stream information
Novak Djokovic is 3-0 against Tennys Sandgren (Getty Images)
Novak Djokovic vs Tennys Sandgren Predictions
Novak Djokovic regularly dominates players outside the top 50 at the French Open. That should be the case against Tennys Sandgren with the World No.1 backed in the game handicap markets.
- Novak Djokovic has won 20 of his last 23 matches.
- Novak Djokovic has won in straight sets in 20 of his last 21 matches against players outside the top 50 (French Open).
- Novak Djokovic has won by 9.5+ games in his last 5 matches against players outside the top 50 (French Open).
- Novak Djokovic has won by 12.5+ games in his last 3 matches against players outside the top 50 (French Open).
- Novak Djokovic is 3-0 against Tennys Sandgren.
- Novak Djokovic has won by 10.5+ games in his last 2 matches against Tennys Sandgren in Grand Slams.
- Tennys Sandgren has lost 6 of his last 7 matches.
- Tennys Sandgren has lost 7 of his last 8 matches on clay courts.
- Tennys Sandgren has lost in straight sets in his last 5 matches against top 20 players.
Head to Head
Novak Djokovic is 3-0 against Tennys Sandgren.
Djokovic won 6-3 6-1 6-2 at the 2018 Wimbledon, 6-1 6-3 6-7 6-2 at the 2018 US Open and 6-2 6-4 in the 2020 Cincinnati Masters.
Novak Djokovic Stats
Age: 34 (22 May 1987)
Height: 6'2" (188 cm)
World Ranking: 1
Career High: 1 (July 2011)
Career Singles Titles: 82
2021 Singles Titles: 1
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 20 (9 Australian Open, 1 French Open, 5 Wimbledon, 3 US Open)
French Open Best Result: Winner (2016)
Novak Djokovic Form
Novak Djokovic started 2021 by winning the Australian Open.
He didn’t play again until the clay court swing in Europe. The Serbian overcame Jannik Sinner 6-4 6-2 in the first round in Monte Carlo before a 6-4 7-5 defeat to Daniel Evans.
The World No.1 competed in the Serbian Open, dispatching Soon Woo Kwon and Miomir Kecmanovic in straight sets before a 7-5 4-6 6-4 exit against Aslan Karatsev.
Djokovic reached the Rome Masters final. He beat Stefanos Tsitsipas and Lorenzo Sonego but couldn’t get past Rafael Nadal in the showpiece, going down 7-5 1-6 6-3 in Italy.
Novak Djokovic returned to Serbia and won the Belgrade Open. He had few problems against ordinary opposition, beating Mats Moraing, Federico Coria, Andrej Martin and Alex Molcan on his way to the title.
Tennys Sandgren Stats
Nationality: United States
Age: 29 (22 July 1991)
Height: 6'2" (188cm)
World Ranking: 66
Career High: 41 (Januuary 2019)
Career Singles Titles: 1
2021 Singles Titles: 0
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 0
French Open Best Result: Second Round (2020)
Tennys Sandgren Form
Tennys Sandgren hasn’t reached a quarter-final since the 2020 Australian Open. That’s a run of 20 consecutive tournaments.
The 29-year-old has struggled in 2021. He has lost six of his seven matches on clay with five defeats coming against players outside the top 50.
Sandgren’s only win came against World No.81 Salvatore Caruso in the first round in Geneva.
Novak Djokovic and Tennys Sandgren meet in the French Open first round.
Watch tennis live at bet365 > tennis > French Open, with live streaming available to members online and on mobile.
To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. Any fixture/event on the website which has the Play or Video icon next to it is scheduled to be shown via Live Streaming. 18+ terms and conditions apply.
Novak Djokovic should be way too good for Tennys Sandgren at Roland Garros. Expect the World No.1 to crush the American and cover the 10.5 game handicap.
Best Bet: Novak Djokovic -10.5 Game Handicap @-119.05 at Unibet - 3 Units
Value Bet: Novak Djokovic -12.5 Game Handicap @275.00 at Unibet - 1 Unit