- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
Serena Williams vs Danielle Collins Predictions, Tips & Live Stream - Serena in for a battle with fellow American
- Serena Williams vs Danielle Collins predictions & tips
- The French Open third-round match is being played at Roland Garros on Friday 4 June
- Serena Williams has seen over 20.5 games in her last three Grand Slam matches against unseeded players
- I am backing Williams vs Collins to last more than 20.5 games
- Preview, predictions, stats and live stream information
Serena Williams was taken to 3 sets by Danielle Collins in their previous match (Getty Images)
Serena Williams vs Danielle Collins Predictions
After two close matches against Romanian left-handers, Serena Williams is in for a change of pace against 2020 French Open quarterfinalist Danielle Collins. This is likely to be a stern test for Williams’s hopes of a fourth Roland Garros title.
- Serena Williams has won 18 of her last 19 Grand Slam matches against unseeded players
- Serena Williams has won her last 14 deciding sets on clay
- Serena Williams has seen 20.5 games in 3 of her last 5 Grand Slam matches
- Serena Williams has won by 3.5 games or more in 7 of her last 9 Grand Slam matches
- Danielle Collins has seen 20.5 games in 4 of her last 5 French Open matches
- Danielle Collins has a 6-12 record against top-10 players
- Danielle Collins has seen 20.5 games in 3 of her last 5 matches against top-10 players
- Danielle Collins has won 7 of her last 8 French Open matches
Serena Williams has a 1-0 record against Danielle Collins.
Williams beat Collins in a match tie-break 6-2, 4-6, [10-6] at the Yarra Valley Classic in January.
Serena Williams Stats
Age: 39 (26 September 1981)
Height: 5’9” (175cm)
World Ranking: 8
Career High: 1 (July 2002)
Career Singles Titles: 73
2021 Singles Titles: 0
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 23
French Open Best Result: Champion (2002, 2013, 2015)
Serena Williams Form
Having played just three matches on clay coming into the French Open, losing two of them, Serena Williams’s form looked uncertain.
But she has won two close encounters against very good clay-court players, both of them Romanian left-handers, and her chances of a deep run at Roland Garros now look much better.
Williams beat Irina-Camelia Begu 7-6(6), 6-2 and was pushed to a third set by former top-20 player Mihaela Buzarnescu before coming through 6-3, 5-7, 6-1. Buzarnescu played extremely well in the second and third sets, pushing Williams to play lengthy rallies.
Williams only converted five of 14 break points, which was ultimately what cost her the second set, but otherwise she looked very good.
Danielle Collins Stats
Age: 27 (13 December 1993)
Height: 5’10” (178cm)
World Ranking: 50
Career High: 23 (January 2019)
Career Singles Titles: 0
2021 Singles Titles: 0
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 0
French Open Best Result: QF (2020)
Danielle Collins Form
A Grand Slam semifinalist at the Australian Open in 2019, Danielle Collins put together a very impressive run at the French Open in 2020, defeating former champion Garbine Muguruza and the tricky Ons Jabeur on her way to the quarterfinals.
Collins made a fairly good start to 2021, going 10-5 with a second-round defeat to Karolina Pliskova (an unlucky draw) at the Australian Open. But she underwent surgery for endometriosis after the Miami Open and missed almost the entire clay season as a result.
Collins has fared very well at the French Open so far considering her lack of match practice, beating a pair of qualifiers, Wang Xiyu and Anhelina Kalinina. She is an aggressive player, a very good mover and will relish the opportunity to challenge Williams.
Serena Williams and Danielle Collins meet in the French Open third round on Friday 4 June.
Watch tennis live at bet365 > tennis > French Open, with live streaming available to members online and on mobile.
To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. Any fixture/event on the website which has the Play or Video icon next to it is scheduled to be shown via Live Streaming. 18+ terms and conditions apply.
Williams should be in for a real tussle with the scrappy, aggressive Collins, who split sets with her in their only meeting so far. It’s likely that the match will go over 20.5 games with Williams to win by -3.5 games.
Best Bet: Over 20.5 Total Games @-136.99 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Value Bet: Williams -3.5 Games Handicap @112.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units