- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
- Friday 2
- Saturday 3
Victoria Azarenka vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova Predictions, Tips & Live Stream - Azarenka to maintain dominance
- Victoria Azarenka vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova predictions & tips
- The French Open fourth round match is being played at Roland Garros on Sunday 6 June
- Victoria Azarenka has seen over 21.5 games in four of her last six matches
- I am backing Azarenka to beat Pavlyuchenkova
- Preview, predictions, stats and live stream information
Victoria Azarenka is 4-1 vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (Getty Images)
Victoria Azarenka vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova Predictions
Both Victoria Azarenka and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova have made French Open quarterfinals before, but not since 2013 and 2011 respectively. Azarenka has never lost a completed match to Pavlyuchenkova and is a top-notch Grand Slam competitor, so it looks likely that she’ll be able to maintain her dominance.
- Victoria Azarenka has won 10 of her last 13 Grand Slam matches
- Victoria Azarenka has seen over 21.5 games in 3 of her 5 matches against Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
- Victoria Azarenka has seen over 21.5 games in 4 of her last 6 matches
- Victoria Azarenka has seen over 21.5 games in 3 of her last 4 matches on clay
- Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova has lost 3 of her last 4 matches against top-20 players at the French Open
- Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova has never won a completed match against Victoria Azarenka
- Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova has lost 6 of her last 9 matches against seeded players at the French Open
- Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova has seen over 21.5 games in 4 of her last 7 fourth-round matches at Grand Slams
Victoria Azarenka is 4-1 against Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
Pavlyuchenkova’s solitary victory over Azarenka came via retirement in Cincinnati in 2015. They played most recently in Monterrey in 2019, Azarenka winning 6-0, 6-4.
Victoria Azarenka Stats
Age: 31 (31 July 1989)
Height: 6’0” (183cm)
World Ranking: 16
Career High: 1 (January 2012)
Career Singles Titles: 21
2021 Singles Titles: 0
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 2
French Open Best Result: Semifinal (2013)
Victoria Azarenka Form
It has not been a great season for Victoria Azarenka so far, thanks to various injuries and a shock defeat to Jessica Pegula in the first round of the Australian Open.
Azarenka did reach the semifinals in Doha earlier this year and pushed Ashleigh Barty the distance in Miami.
So far at the French Open, Azarenka’s campaign has been impressive. She has improved her clay-court skills, particularly footwork, considerably over the years and the French Open no longer looks like necessarily her weakest Grand Slam. Azarenka opened with a three-set victory over former champion Svetlana Kuznetsova before ousting hard hitters Clara Tauson and Madison Keys in straight sets.
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova Stats
Age: 29 (3 July 1991)
Height: 5’9” (176cm)
World Ranking: 32
Career High: 13 (July 2011)
Career Singles Titles: 12
2021 Singles Titles: 0
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 0
French Open Best Result: QF (2011)
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova Form
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova has made six Grand Slam quarterfinals in her career but had not been past the third round at the French Open since 2011.
After an undistinguished first quarter of the season, the powerful Russian played well in Madrid to reach the semifinals, defeating Madison Keys, Karolina Pliskova, Jennifer Brady and Karolina Muchova before falling to Aryna Sabalenka.
Pavlyuchenkova avenged that defeat to Sabalenka when they met in the third round of the French Open, taking a medical time-out after they split sets and ending up bagelling the third seed.
Victoria Azarenka and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova meet in the French Open fourth round on Sunday 6 June.
Watch tennis live at bet365 > tennis > French Open, with live streaming available to members online and on mobile.
To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. Any fixture/event on the website which has the Play or Video icon next to it is scheduled to be shown via Live Streaming. 18+ terms and conditions apply.
Pavlyuchenkova has fitness concerns, as evidenced by her match against Sabalenka, and has always struggled against Azarenka. The Belarusian should win but could have to contest a lengthy match.
Best Bet: Azarenka Win Winner @-175.44 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Value Bet: Over 21.5 Total Games @-105.26 at Unibet - 2 Units