- Sunday 1
- Monday 2
- Tuesday 3
- Wednesday 4
- Thursday 5
- Friday 6
- Saturday 7
- Sunday 8
- Monday 9
- Tuesday 10
- Wednesday 11
Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Frances Tiafoe Predictions, Tips & Live Stream - Tsitsipas faces challenging Wimbledon opener
- Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Frances Tiafoe predictions & tips
- The first-round match is being played at Wimbledon on Monday 28 June
- Stefanos Tsitsipas has won by 4.5+ games in his last 7 Grand Slam matches against unseeded players
- I am backing Tsitsipas to beat Tiafoe by 4.5+ games
- Preview, predictions, stats and live stream information
Stefanos Tsitsipas has lost 3 of his last 5 matches on grass (Getty Images)
Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Frances Tiafoe Predictions
This is Stefanos Tsitsipas’s first match since losing to Novak Djokovic in the French Open final from two sets up. The Greek player does not have a great record at Wimbledon.
Frances Tiafoe has had a good grass-court season and can push seeded players at Grand Slams. This could be a lengthy match for Tsitsipas – but he has never lost a set to Tiafoe.
- Stefanos Tsitsipas has won his last 11 Grand Slam matches against unseeded players
- Stefanos Tsitsipas has won his last 7 Grand Slam matches against unseeded players by over 4.5 games
- Stefanos Tsitsipas has seen over 36.5 games in 4 of his last 6 Wimbledon matches
- Stefanos Tsitsipas has won 3 of his last 4 Wimbledon matches by over 4.5 games
- Frances Tiafoe has won 7 of his last 9 matches on grass
- Frances Tiafoe has seen over 36.5 games in 5 of his 6 Wimbledon matches
- Frances Tiafoe has seen over 36.5 games in 3 of his last 4 Grand Slam matches
- Frances Tiafoe’s only previous match against a top-10 player at Wimbledon lasted 51 games
Stefanos Tsitsipas leads the head-to-head with Frances Tiafoe 2-0.
Tsitsipas beat Tiafoe 6-4, 6-2 in qualifying for Tokyo in 2017, and 4-3(3), 4-3(5), 4-2 at the ATP Next Gen Finals (which use their own unusual scoring system) in 2018.
Stefanos Tsitsipas Stats
Age: 22 (12 December 1998)
Height: 6'4" (193 cm)
World Ranking: 4
Career High: 4 (June 2021)
Career Singles Titles: 7
2021 Singles Titles: 2
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 0
Wimbledon Best Result: R16 (2018)
Stefanos Tsitsipas Form
It’s been an exceptional season for Stefanos Tsitsipas so far. The Greek has compiled a 39-9 record in 2021, and crowned his ascension by making his first Grand Slam final at the French Open.
Tsitsipas was one set away from his first Grand Slam title, but ended up losing to Novak Djokovic in five – a crushing defeat followed swiftly by the news that his grandmother had passed away.
Tsitsipas has not played a warm-up tournament on grass, and he does not have a good record on the surface. He is just 12-9 on grass, and has lost in the first round of Wimbledon two of the three times he has played, including a surprise defeat to the unseeded Thomas Fabbiano in 2019.
Frances Tiafoe Stats
Age: 23 (20 January 1998)
Height: 6'2" (188 cm)
World Ranking: 56
Career High: 29 (February 2019)
Career Singles Titles: 1
2021 Singles Titles: 0
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 0
Wimbledon Best Result: R3 (2018)
Frances Tiafoe Form
Frances Tiafoe is 18-14 in 2021, and has had some solid results on American hard courts, reaching the quarterfinals in Delray Beach and the last 16 at the Miami Masters.
It was a dire clay-court season for the former Australian Open quarterfinalist: He won only two matches at six tournaments.
However, after a first-round defeat at Roland Garros, Tiafoe was able to move on to the grass and put his time to good use, winning the Nottingham Challenger for the loss of just one set.
Tiafoe went on to win back-to-back matches at Queen’s Club before succumbing to eventual runner-up Cameron Norrie. Grass is not a natural match for his style, but he has made the third round of Wimbledon in the past and can be effective on it.
Stefanos Tsitsipas and Frances Tiafoe meet in the first round of Wimbledon on Monday 28 June.
Watch tennis live at bet365 > tennis > Wimbledon, with live streaming available to members online and on mobile.
To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. Any fixture/event on the website which has the Play or Video icon next to it is scheduled to be shown via Live Streaming. 18+ terms and conditions apply.
Stefanos Tsitsipas continues to develop into a consistent top player and has dominated Frances Tiafoe in previous meetings. However, he is not yet an accomplished grass-court player and may be in for a lengthy battle with the American.
Best Bet: Tsitsipas -4.5 Games Handicap @-250.00 at Unibet - 4 Units
Value Bet: Over 36.5 Total Games @114.00 at Unibet - 1 Unit