- Monday 2
- Tuesday 3
- Wednesday 4
- Thursday 5
- Friday 6
- Saturday 7
- Sunday 8
- Monday 9
- Tuesday 10
- Wednesday 11
- Thursday 12
Elena Vesnina vs Coco Gauff Predictions, Tips & Live Stream – Gauff faces former semifinalist
- Elena Vesnina vs Coco Gauff predictions & tips
- The second-round match is being played at Wimbledon on Thursday 1 July
- Elena Vesnina has played only 5 grass-court matches since reaching the Wimbledon semifinals in 2016
- I am backing Coco Gauff to win 2-0
- Preview, predictions, stats and live stream information
Coco Gauff has an 18-2 record on grass (Getty Images)
Elena Vesnina vs Coco Gauff Predictions
Elena Vesnina has played only a handful of matches since going on maternity leave in 2018, and the former Wimbledon semifinalist is 2-3 in 2021. Coco Gauff, the twentieth seed, should be able to record a dominant victory to reach the third round at Wimbledon.
- Coco Gauff has won 18 of her last 20 matches on grass
- Coco Gauff has won 3 of her 4 Wimbledon matches against unseeded opponents in straight sets
- Coco Gauff has won 6 of her last 7 matches
- Coco Gauff has won 5 of her last 7 matches in straight sets
- Elena Vesnina has seen under 17.5 games in 3 of her last 5 matches
- Elena Vesnina has seen under 17.5 games in 4 of her last 6 Wimbledon matches against seeded opponents
- Elena Vesnina is 0-4 in sets played against top-100 opponents in 2021
This will be the first meeting between Coco Gauff and Elena Vesnina.
Elena Vesnina Stats
Age: 34 (1 August 1986)
Height: 5’8” (176cm)
World Ranking: 370
Career High: 13 (March 2017)
Career Singles Titles: 3
2021 Singles Titles: 0
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 0
Wimbledon Best Result: SF (2016)
Elena Vesnina Form
Elena Vesnina had an excellent run to the Wimbledon semifinals in 2016. But she has played only a handful of grass-court matches since.
Vesnina went on maternity leave in 2018, giving birth to her daughter in November of that year. She returned to competition in Madrid in May, and got her first win of her comeback at the French Open over Olga Govortsova.
Vesnina, who has 19 doubles titles including numerous Grand Slam wins, beat Martina Trevisan 7-5, 6-1 in the first round. Against Gauff, she is looking for her first win over a top-50 player since Indian Wells in 2018.
Coco Gauff Stats
Age: 17 (13 March 2004)
Height: 5’9” (175cm)
World Ranking: 23
Career High: 23 (June 2021)
Career Singles Titles: 2
2021 Singles Titles: 1
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 0
Wimbledon Best Result: R16 (2019)
Coco Gauff Form
After making her sensational Wimbledon debut in 2019, qualifying for the main draw and reaching the round of 16 at just 15 years old, Coco Gauff returns as the 20th seed.
The American is 29-11 in 2021, with a title in Parma and semifinals in Adelaide and Rome to her credit. She also reached her first Grand Slam quarterfinal at the French Open, but was outfoxed by eventual champion Barbora Krejcikova.
Gauff beat Elise Mertens in Eastbourne but lost to Anastasija Sevastova from a winning position. She also had to work quite hard against Francesca Jones in the first round before getting a 7-5, 6-4 victory.
Elena Vesnina and Coco Gauff meet in the second round of Wimbledon on Thursday 1 July.
Watch tennis live at bet365 > tennis > Wimbledon, with live streaming available to members online and on mobile.
To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. Any fixture/event on the website which has the Play or Video icon next to it is scheduled to be shown via Live Streaming. 18+ terms and conditions apply.
Gauff looks likely to secure a straight-sets win over Vesnina, who is an experienced and classy player but is still at the very beginning of her comeback and does not have the power of the American.
Best Bet: Gauff 2-0 Correct Score @-188.68 at BetMGM - 4 Units
Value Bet: Under 17.5 games Total Games @200.00 at Unibet - 1 Unit