- Tuesday 3
- Wednesday 4
- Thursday 5
- Friday 6
- Saturday 7
- Sunday 8
- Monday 9
- Tuesday 10
- Wednesday 11
- Thursday 12
- Friday 13
Iga Swiatek vs Su-Wei Hsieh Predictions, Tips & Live Stream - Swiatek looks for first Wimbledon win
- Iga Swiatek vs Su-Wei Hsieh predictions & tips
- The first-round match is being played at Wimbledon on Monday 28 June
- Su-Wei Hsieh has seen 3 sets in 4 of her last 5 matches vs top-10 opponents on grass
- I am backing Swiatek vs Hsieh to go to 3 sets
- Preview, predictions, stats and live stream information
Iga Swiatek has never won a Wimbledon match (Getty Images)
Iga Swiatek vs Su-Wei Hsieh Predictions
Iga Swiatek, champion at the 2020 French Open, has only played eight matches on grass in her entire career. The Polish player’s lack of experience on this surface could leave her vulnerable at Wimbledon.
Su-Wei Hsieh has lost her last six matches, but has beaten top-10 players on grass before.
- Iga Swiatek has seen over 17.5 games in her last 3 matches on grass
- Iga Swiatek has seen over 17.5 games in 6 of her last 7 matches
- Iga Swiatek has seen 3 sets in 2 of her last 3 matches on grass
- Iga Swiatek has lost 4 of her last 5 matches on grass
- Su-Wei Hsieh has seen 3 sets in 4 of her last 5 matches vs top-10 players on grass
- Su-Wei Hsieh has won 7 of her last 12 matches on grass
- Su-Wei Hsieh has seen 3 sets in 2 of her last 3 matches on grass
- Su-Wei Hsieh has seen over 17.5 games in 3 of her last 4 matches on grass
Iga Swiatek leads the head-to-head 1-0 with Su-Wei Hsieh.
Swiatek beat Hsieh 6-1, 6-4 at the French Open in 2020.
Iga Swiatek Stats
Age: 20 (31 May 2001)
Height: 5’9” (176cm)
World Ranking: 9
Career High: 9 (May 2021)
Career Singles Titles: 3
2021 Singles Titles: 1
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 1
Wimbledon Best Result: R1 (2019)
Iga Swiatek Form
Iga Swiatek broke through in spectacular style when she won her maiden Grand Slam title at the French Open in 2020.
So far in 2021, Swiatek has claimed titles in Rome and Adelaide and compiled a 24-7 win-loss record. She did not drop a set on her way to the French Open quarterfinals, but her title defense was ended by Maria Sakkari.
Swiatek was a junior Wimbledon champion in 2018, but has only played eight matches on the surface as a pro. Two of them were at Eastbourne last week, where she narrowly beat Heather Watson before falling to Daria Kasatkina.
Swiatek has plenty of tools which could bring her success on grass, but her lack of experience on the surface could be an issue.
Su-Wei Hsieh Stats
Nationality: Chinese Taipei
Age: 35 (4 January 1986)
Height: 5’7” (169cm)
World Ranking: 66
Career High: 23 (February 2013)
Career Singles Titles: 3
2021 Singles Titles: 0
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 0
Wimbledon Best Result: R16 (2018)
Su-Wei Hsieh Form
A dangerous and unpredictable player, Hsieh made the last 16 at Wimbledon in 2018, beating Simona Halep on the way.
Hsieh reached the quarterfinals of the Australian Open in January, her first Grand Slam quarterfinal. However, she did not play again until Madrid in April.
Hsieh has lost her last six matches, including a three-set defeat to Marie Bouzkova in Birmingham. Hsieh has also lost five of her last six matches against top-10 players, and three of her last five matches on grass courts.
Her compact groundstrokes and ability to redirect the ball will always make her a dangerous opponent.
Iga Swiatek and Su-Wei Hsieh meet in the first round of Wimbledon on Monday 28 June.
Watch tennis live at bet365 > tennis > Wimbledon, with live streaming available to members online and on mobile.
To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. Any fixture/event on the website which has the Play or Video icon next to it is scheduled to be shown via Live Streaming. 18+ terms and conditions apply.
Given Swiatek’s lack of experience on grass and Hsieh’s ability to trouble top-10 players, this could be a closer match than many expect.
Best Bet: Over 19.5 Total Games @-111.11 at BetMGM - 4 Units
Value Bet: Over 2.5 Total Sets @210.00 at Unibet - 1 Unit