Novak Djokovic vs Kevin Anderson Predictions, Tips & Live Stream – Djokovic faces former Wimbledon finalist
- Novak Djokovic vs Kevin Anderson predictions & tips
- The second-round match is being played at Wimbledon on Wednesday 30 June
- Novak Djokovic has won 6 of his last 7 Wimbledon matches against unseeded players by more than 8.5 games
- I am backing Djokovic to cover an -8.5 game handicap
- Preview, predictions, stats and live stream information
Novak Djokovic and Kevin Anderson have played three times at Wimbledon (Getty Images)
Novak Djokovic vs Kevin Anderson Predictions
Novak Djokovic dropped his first set of Wimbledon 2021 against Jack Draper, but the world no. 1 surged back strongly to win in four. The victory set up a rematch of the 2018 Wimbledon final against Kevin Anderson, whose career has been decimated by injuries in recent years.
Djokovic looks determined to complete the Channel Slam, and the world’s best returner will always be highly favoured against big-serving Anderson.
- Novak Djokovic has seen over 29.5 games in 2 of his 3 Grand Slam matches against unseeded opponents
- Novak Djokovic has seen over 29.5 games in 2 of his last 3 Wimbledon matches against unseeded opponents
- Novak Djokovic has won 6 of his last 7 Grand Slam matches against unseeded opponents by more than 8.5 games
- Novak Djokovic has won 2 of his 3 Wimbledon matches against Kevin Anderson by more than 8.5 games
- Kevin Anderson has seen over 29.5 games in 5 of his last 7 Grand Slam matches
- Kevin Anderson has seen over 29.5 games in 5 of his last 7 Grand Slam matches against top-10 players
- Kevin Anderson has lost 5 of his last 7 Grand Slam matches against top-10 players
- Kevin Anderson has lost 4 of his last 7 Grand Slam matches
Novak Djokovic has a 9-1 record against Kevin Anderson.
Anderson’s solitary victory came in Miami in 2008, since which time Djokovic has won all nine matches they have played.
Anderson did lead Djokovic by two sets at Wimbledon in 2015 before Djokovic came back to win in five. They also met in the 2018 final which Djokovic won 6-2, 6-2, 7-6(3), and in the second round in 2011 when Djokovic won 6-3, 6-4, 6-2.
Novak Djokovic Stats
Age: 34 (22 May 1987)
Height: 6’2” (188cm)
World Ranking: 1
Career High: 1 (July 2011)
Career Singles Titles: 84
2021 Singles Titles: 3
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 19
Wimbledon Best Result: Champion (2011, 2014-15, 2018-19)
Novak Djokovic Form
Novak Djokovic did not play a singles match on grass in the two weeks between winning his 19th Grand Slam title at the French Open and beginning his Wimbledon campaign against Jack Draper on Monday.
He struggled to find his footing on the slick grass and surprisingly dropped the first set to the British wildcard. However, Djokovic quickly regrouped, lifted his level and lost just four games in the subsequent three sets to win 4-6, 6-1, 6-2, 6-2.
Djokovic is now on a 15-match winning streak at Wimbledon and has not lost in the second round there since 2008. The Serb is probably the greatest returner in the history of the game and traditionally thrives against players who depend on a big serve.
Kevin Anderson Stats
Nationality: South Africa
Age: 35 (18 May 1986)
Height: 6’8” (203cm)
World Ranking: 102
Career High: 5 (July 2018)
Career Singles Titles: 6
2021 Singles Titles: 0
Career Grand Slam Singles Titles: 0
Wimbledon Best Result: Runner-up (2018)
Kevin Anderson Form
Kevin Anderson reached the US Open final in 2017 and went on to have the best tournament of his career at Wimbledon in 2018, defeating Roger Federer 13-11 in the fifth set and John Isner 26-24 in the fifth set to reach the men’s final.
Anderson has not been the same player since struggling with a serious knee injury in 2019. By 2020, his ranking had dropped outside of the top 100, although he made a good run to the Vienna semifinals at the end of last season.
Anderson played just five tournaments in the first half of the year, winning only four matches; he has yet to defeat a top-50 player in 2021. After coming into Wimbledon on a three-match losing streak, he defeated world no. 209 Marcelo Tomas Barrio Vera 6-7(4), 6-4, 6-4, 7-6(4) to reach the second round.
All in all, the South African is a shadow of the player who made Grand Slam finals in 2017-18.
Novak Djokovic and Kevin Anderson meet in the second round of Wimbledon on Wednesday 30 June.
Watch tennis live at bet365 > tennis > Wimbledon, with live streaming available to members online and on mobile.
To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. Any fixture/event on the website which has the Play or Video icon next to it is scheduled to be shown via Live Streaming. 18+ terms and conditions apply.
Anderson is not the player he once was, and although his big serve could allow him to nudge the match above 29.5 games, this looks like being a solid victory for Djokovic.
Best Bet: Over 29.5 games Total Games @-111.11 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Value Bet: Djokovic -8.5 games Games Handicap @100.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units