Charles Oliveira vs Michael Chandler Predictions & Tips - Oliveira To Claim Vacant 155lb Crown
- Oliveira vs Chandler predictions for the lightweight title fight at UFC 262 on May 15
- UFC 262 is taking place at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas
- Oliveira is on an eight-fight win streak while Chandler made a successful UFC debut last year
- Oliveira tipped to complete long road to lightweight crown
- Preview, predictions and head to head stats
Charles Oliveira vs Michael Chandler Predictions & Tips
Charles Oliveira can complete and 11-year journey towards UFC gold.
Michael Chandler impressed in his UFC debut against Dan Hooker, but Oliveira is a serious step up.
Oliveira has a fantastic all-round game and a size advantage that will be a problem for Chandler.
The Brazilian is a finisher too – this could be a memorable night at the office for Oliveira.
- Charles Oliveira has won eight straight fights
- Charles Oliveira beat longtime contender Tony Ferguson last December
- Charles Oliveira has stopped his opponent in 27 of his 30 career wins
- Charles Oliveira has 19 submission wins and eight KO/TKO victories
- Charles Oliveira has a 2” height advantage
- Charles Oliveira has a 2.5” reach advantage
- Charles Oliveira has a 3.5” leg reach advantage
Charles Oliveira Form
Charles Oliveira has bounced back from a disappointing 2-4 run between 2015 and 2017.
The Brazilian has now won eight straight fights – a run that started with four straight submission wins.
Oliveira tapped out Clay Guida, Christos Giagos, Jim Miller and David Teymur.
He followed up those successes with knockout wins over Nik Lentz and Jared Gordon before going back to his bread and butter.
Oliveira tapped out Kevin Lee before besting Tony Ferguson over three rounds for his biggest ever win.
Michael Chandler Form
Michael Chandler made a name for himself as a three-time time Bellator lightweight champion.
All three of those reigns were ended when he was stopped inside the distance though.
Chandler’s last reign ended in May 2019 when was knocked out in 61 seconds by Patricio Freire.
He bounced back by knocking out Sidney Outlaw in the first round.
Chandler then made it back-to-back wins by finishing ex-UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson in 129 seconds.
His contract expired after that victory and Chandler signed on with the UFC late last year.
He made an immediate splash by knocking out Dan Hooker halfway through the first round.
Charles Oliveira vs Michael Chandler FAQs
Where can I watch the Charles Oliveira vs Michael Chandler live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Charles Oliveira vs Michael Chandler live stream.
Where is Charles Oliveira vs Michael Chandler taking place?
Charles Oliveira vs Michael Chandler is taking place at UFC 262 on Saturday, May 15 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
Michael Chandler made a splash in January, but I am not quite sold on him just yet.
Oliveira is an experienced campaigner with an excellent all-round skillset. He can claim lightweight gold here.
Best Bet: Charles Oliveira Winner @-138.89 at BetMGM - 2 Units
Value Bet: Oliveira in Rounds 1-3 Round Group Betting @150.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units
Top Betting Sites
14 May 2021
15 May 2021
16 May 2021
17 May 2021
21 May 2021
23 May 2021
30 May 2021
13 June 2021
08 July 2021
11 July 2021
Charles Oliveira v Michael Chandler