Robert Whittaker vs Kelvin Gastelum Predictions & Tips - Reaper To Stake Title Fight Claim
- Robert Whittaker vs Kelvin Gastelum predictions for UFC Fight Night on April 17
- Whittaker has won back-to-back fights in his quest to regain the middleweight title
- Gastelum snapped a three-fight losing streak by beating Ian Heinisch in February
- Whittaker tipped to best Gastelum on the judges’ scorecards
- Preview, predictions and head to head stats
Robert Whittaker vs Kelvin Gastelum Predictions & Tips
A change of opponent is unlikely to stop Robert Whittaker winning on April 17.
Kelvin Gastelum has stepped into replace Paulo Costa but his days at the top of the division are done.
Gastelum has gone 3-4 in his last seven fights and Whittaker will prove to be too fast, too strong and too accurate for him.
Whittaker should be able to light him up, but Gastelum is not an easy out so the judges may be needed.
- Robert Whittaker is 11-1 in his last 12 fights (his one loss was vs Israel Adesanya)
- Robert Whittaker has won back-to-back fights
- Robert Whittaker has out-struck his last two opponents in decision wins
- Kelvin Gastelum is 1-3 in his last four fights
- Kelvin Gastelum has not been stopped with strikes in his career
- Kelvin Gastelum has lost by decision on four occasions
Robert Whittaker Form
Injury and illness has derailed Robert Whittaker’s career in recent years, but he appears to be back on track.
Whittaker fought twice in 2020 and on both occasions he knocked off a contender in the middleweight division.
‘The Reaper’ outclassed Darren Till en route to a unanimous decision win in July and then bested Jard Cannonier in impressive fashion in October.
Whittaker is on the brink of a title shot – a win here could secure a rematch with Israel Adesanya.
Kelvin Gastelum Form
Kelvin Gastelum has nothing to lose – a win here could catapult him right back into contention.
Gastelum worked his way into the title picture with wins over a Jacare Souza and Michael Bisping, but his form has nose-dived among the elite.
He lost three straight fights after that – Israel Adesanya, Darren Till and Jack Hermansson – but managed to stop the rot in February.
Gastelum earned a decision win over Ian Heinisch, but now he faces one of the very best in former champion Whittaker.
Robert Whittaker vs Kelvin Gastelum FAQs
Where can I watch the Robert Whittaker vs Kelvin Gastelum live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Robert Whittaker vs Kelvin Gastelum live stream.
Where is Robert Whittaker vs Kelvin Gastelum taking place?
Robert Whittaker vs Kelvin Gastelum is taking place at UFC Fight Night at the UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
Robert Whittaker has got his career back on track with a couple of decision victories.
We should see more of the same here as he picks apart Gastelum in the stand-up to earn the decision.
Best Bet: Robert Whittaker Winner @-277.78 at BetMGM - 4 Units
Value Bet: Whittaker by Decision Method Of Victory @138.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units
Top Betting Sites
16 April 2021
17 April 2021
18 April 2021
19 April 2021
23 April 2021
25 April 2021
01 May 2021
09 May 2021
29 May 2021
Robert Whittaker v Kelvin Gastelum