Price Boost Betting Term Meaning
A Price Boost is a popular promotion offered by virtually all online bookmakers. As the name suggests - the price of a selection is boosted so the punter gets better odds on the same bet.
With so many online bookmakers competing for a punter’s business, the number of bonuses and promotions keeps on growing. One of the most punter-friendly offers is the Price Boost. It’s simple yet effective. There is no extra risk for the bettor but extra profit can be made.
There are a few different terms used such as Odd Boost, Enhanced Odds, Price Pumps and Price Blasts among others. Despite the name, the objective of each one is identical in that they increase the odds on a particular market.
You will come across different types of Price Boosts depending on the bookmaker you are betting with. These are a few examples:
Standard Price Boost
This is the regular version which is the most common. Bookies offer this on straight-up single bets as well as doubles and trebles. It can cover any sport or horse and greyhound race.
- Ladbrokes: US PGA 1st Round 3-balls - Poulter, Casey and Fitzpatrick all to win. Was 19/1 - Now 25/1
- Bet365: Football - Portsmouth, Club Brugge and Racing Genk all to win. Was 5/1 - Now 7/1
- Ladbrokes: Horse Racing - John Gosden ITV Double: Frisella and Too Darn Hot both to win. Now 13/2
- Betfair: Football - Sunderland and Stromsgodset both to win. Now 17/1
- Betfair: Football - Over 1.5 goals scored in each Norwegian Eliteserien match. Now 11/2
Super Price Boost
Certain bookmakers will promote a Super Price Boost. The purpose is the same but these will have a maximum betting limit cap. For instance:
- Bet365: Football - Portsmouth to win 2-0, 2-1 or 3-1. Now 9/4. Maximum stake £50
- Bet365: Football - Portsmouth vs Sunderland BTTS in 1st half. Now 5/1. Maximum stake £25
- Bet365: Boxing - Joyce to win in rounds 2, 3 or 4. Now 5/2. Maximum stake £50
- Ladbrokes: Football - Portsmouth vs Sunderland. Either team to win on penalties. Was 6/1. Now 8/1. Maximum stake £10
Free Pick Price Boost
Both of the above Price Boost variants are pre-determined selections offered by the bookmaker. These may not be the sports, matches or markets you wanted to bet on, which can be frustrating.
Fortunately, a couple of the major UK bookmakers have a Price Boost promotion in which you can use the boost on any bet of your choosing.
These do come with terms and conditions that will stipulate the maximum stake for the boosted price but this is a great offer because you are getting increased odds - so more winnings - on the wagers you want.
Price Boost FAQ
What is a Price Boost?
A Price Boost is a popular promotion offered by bookmakers where the odds are boosted so the punter gets a better price.